Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, January 11th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I did not make out to a show. I had a band practice instead. Followed by a much needed grocery run. Exciting as seeing a show? Nope. But I gotta eat. Anyway, in a bizarre set of circumstances, I only saw one show that looks good to me:

Bunk Bar is having a show with No Kind of Rider and Black Whales (Seattle). I have known about No Kind of Rider for a while. All of the dudes are super nice. Their music is good. Why have I not seen them? I don't know. They are difficult to right about. They are indie rock. They have a dark sleek sensibility. I feel like their t-shirts would be black. This is not a yellow t-shirt kind of band. They have cool rhythmic sensibilities that lead to several moments that make you go, "That was cool. That thing that they just did there." If you have listen one song I would check out synth lead heavy "Away Colors". I love that song. Oh and I found this pretty funny little documentary type thing that Jen Moon of Jen Moon made. Check it out. Black Whales are a psychedelic pop band band from Seattle that manage not to be all that psychedelic. But that doesn't mean bad. I guess that means they are a rock band. The show is FREE and starts at 10 PM.

If you see me at one of the shows please say, "Hi". Cause I am not going to recognize you.

-Ben

No Kind Of Rider from ::MAGNETIC ARCHIVES:: on Vimeo.

No Kind of Rider play Bun Bar tonight!

No comments: